25 May Sneak Peek at Summer
A Sneak Peek at Summer
May is a wonderful time to live at or visit coastal Delaware. The days are warm, the nights cool, nature is in bloom, and we are gearing up for our busy summer season. While it’s nice enough to hit the beach many days, you’ll find ample space since schools are still in session and vacation season hasn’t yet officially started.
In addition, we’ve got some fun events happening in Sussex County throughout the month that will appeal to all ages and interests. A few to mark on your calendar include:
- May 6: 13th Annual “Gardening for the Bays” Native Plant Sale at James Farm Ecological Preserve, Cedar Neck Road, Ocean View, 9 AM – 1 PM
- May 12: 12th Annual Walt Jones Memorial Golf Outing to Benefit Sussex County Habitat for Humanity, Midway Par 3 Golf Course, 8 AM – 5 PM
- May 13: 6th Annual Dewey Beach Arts Festival, Dagsworthy Street on the Bay, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- May 19-21: Spring Sidewalk Sale, Downtown Rehoboth and Dewey, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily
- May 20: 5th Annual Walk the Boards for Parkinson’s, End of Rehoboth Avenue and Boardwalk, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Of course Memorial Day Weekend, the “unofficial kickoff to summer,” is May 27 – 29 and you can expect our towns to be buzzing with activity and fun. For more information on upcoming events and ongoing activities, visit the Rehoboth Beach-Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce events page or the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce events page. So, grab those flip-flops and head to the beach for some pre-summer fun in the sun!